A technology and product operator with experience across startups, agencies, public sector and large organisations including Made by Many, Analog Folk, Nando's, the Liberal Democrats, the V&A, and Serco.
I am a maker with deep technical knowledge across a wide range of languages, frameworks and approaches having designed and developed websites, e-commerce applications, social platforms and marketplaces, aided by a modern leadership approach that supports teams who grow to become trusted experts within their organisations.
I approach opportunities with a mindset of vision, coaching, and operations, something that stems from hands-on startup experience of founding, validating and financing ideas, taking them to market, and attempting to cross the chasm of mass adoption.
I fit best where I can help people to adapt, implement and scale new ways of working, and where I can help to design, validate and deliver products that users love.
A more detailed view of my work is available here
- 2021 - 2022: Chief Technology & Product Officer, Serco
- 2020 - 2021: Chief Technology Officer, Liberal Democrats
- 2018 - 2020: Technical Director, Analog Folk
- 2016 - 2018: Technical Lead, Victoria & Albert Museum
- 2012 - 2016: Founder & CTO, Somewhere Collaborative Media GmbH
- 2010 - 2012: Creative Technologist, Made by Many
- 2008 - 2010: Co-founder & CTO, GameLayers.com
- 2001 - 2008: Developer at SelfTrade, UpMyStreet, Time Out, 3rd Sense, Cominded
- Creative Review, The AI Issue - for work in passive AI and digital art
- The Next Web winner - Best Startup, Somewhere.com
- Schön! Magazine - featured as part of a 'future is now' series
- Guest speaker, MEGA Plus - Media Business School
- Guardian.co.uk - named Runner-up Game of the Year, Gamelayers.com
- The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences - nominated for Game of the Year, Gamelayers.com
- Multiple conference appearances including Festival of Marketing, Creative Mornings, Playful, and Wired
- Crossing the Chasm - Geoffrey A. Moore
- Make Art Make Money - Elizabeth Hyde Stevens
- Code Complete - Steve McConnell